Sunday, March 23, 2008

the bold look of porter


I have a tendency to take photos of myself in bathroom mirrors. Not sure why that is. It takes a certain lighting to charm and seduce me. Next thing you know I've gone and made my mirror face...and then I just can't resist snapping a portrait. This isn't one my better ones. There'll be more to come.

Oh, and no, you won't find any footage of my wide-stanced, Larry Craig encounters here. I save those for my pseudonymous vlog. Good luck finding it!

BTW, this was taken at PS1--a museum in Queens. They've got some real edgy, experimental stuff. Check it out next time you're in NY.

4 comments:

Daniel Fan said...

That does seem an odd choice -- to be seduced by public bathroom lighting/mirrors. But I'm sure you'll find a way to make it aesthetically pleasing and intellectually stimulating.

Kennethwongsf said...

Giving us not just a photo of yourself but a reflection of yourself--very metaphysical!

dhp said...

Yeah, that's right, KW--you get all me of me at MN. How privileged you all are!

dhp said...

df, i'm not sure about intellectually stimulating--that's a tall order--but I am quite a stunner--so yes, I've got the aesthetics covered. but, at the same time, I arouse the intellect as well as the loins--whether that comes across in my portraiture, I can't tell you.