Thursday, September 16, 2010

I feel good about myself

I've never been an assertive or confrontational person, but yesterday, I stepped up to the plate--big-time. The best thing was that it involved defending my daughter's honor. Here's how it went down: We walk into the park and I see him; I've heard about this bad apple from the mothers who frequent the park. He's brutish, loud, territorial; doesn't like to share. He starts running his mouth the moment we enter his make-believe cafe at the sandpit; She's (my daughter, he means) going to mess up my soup!, he says. He told me that she shouldn't be allowed in his cafe. I got right in this 5-year-old's face and told him to back off. Surprisingly, this jerk didn't say another word. No fear. That's my new mantra; and my new decal on the back of my truck. Now all you haters who called me a pussy want to retract that statement? Hah! Predictably silent. Who's the pussy now?

6 comments:

Daniel Fan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel Fan said...

Your daughter is very lucky to have such a devoted daddy as you. I hope you guys don't encounter that little brute boy again!

p.s. That deleted comment was mine. There was an egregious typo in it that I simply could not bear to leave.

KT said...

That's right, don't let that little punk jerk you around. He's lucky you didn't sucker punch him. I might have.

Anyanka said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anyanka said...

You're such a wonderful father and an inspiration! SO MANLY! :)

LardyRevenger said...

YOU DELETED A POST! I wonder what it was? Was someone linking a site about pu**y? Or did that little kid learn now to use the Internet and tell you off?