Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Trail Mix

Can't figure out why I continue to buy trail mix. I don't really like it, but it seems like I should like it. Seems like something an active, healthy guy would eat. Someone from an old Grape Nuts commercial. Funny, an old friend of mine who I no longer talk to had this rare ability to get at somebody's essence with a phrase like that. He had this friend who just looked really healthy--kinda dorkily handsome and earnest--not flashy. Very down-to-earth and approachable. Anyways, the first time I met this new friend of his, we went out to play pool. It was the friend's turn and he was off on the other side of the table and we were both watching him set up his shot. My friend looks at me and says "Grape Nuts commercial" and starts laughing. It was the perfect description for this guy.

No comments: