Sunday, August 01, 2010

RV Show

Growing up, me and the fam would go to this dude ranch every year in Wyoming to meet up with my parents' high school friends and all their kids. It was a long 1,500 mile drive through Nevada, Utah and Colorado. One year during the drive we were having breakfast somewhere in like Winnemucca at a Denny's. My younger sister (she was probably 7 years old at the time) was having a hard time sitting still and wanted to leave the restaurant. My dad looks out of the window and notices a huge swath of RVs parked in an adjacent lot. He had always taken us to those RV shows at the Cow Palace which my sister enjoyed, so this was a welcome diversion. He puts my sister up on his lap and points out to the RV show, telling her to go check it out. She does and comes back within five minutes. Back so soon? She explains that she went into one of the RVs and this guy is getting out of the shower as she walks in. It wasn't an RV show at all, it was an RV park!

photo: from a blog called Yimmy's Yayo.

3 comments:

Daniel Fan said...

I'm still surprised that your parents let their seven-year-old daughter wander off to an RV show/park alone.

A-Kos said...

Such an embarrassing story! Daniel Fan, never thought about that...it is pretty weird that they would let me wander off by myself.

dhp said...

i know, DF. I need to hassle my dad about that. Can you imagine me sending Claudia out like that alone?

Not really embarrassing for you, A-kos, you were just a kid. Embarrassing for dad tho.