Monday, July 12, 2010

Choc Toxique

Using the toilette at home I always have a view of the back of a tampon box with the warnings and directions. I was reading them for the 18,000th time the other day when I came upon a charming and seemingly innocuous sounding French phrase: Choc Toxique. This means "Toxic Shock (syndrome)." I was thinking this would make a great name for a chocolate bar (sold in America, not France). It's great because it plays into that marketing angle that chocolatiers are so fond of using on women; that chocolate is sexy, naughty and dangerous. If they were really ballsy, they could also use the candy bar as a means of raising awareness for the syndrome. I can already see the PSA on the telly with Annette Benning (filmed in black and white) speaking with a weighty earnestness, urging us to buy a Choc Toxique as 10 percent of all profits go towards finding a cure. There could also be a Choc Toxique 5k Walk, much like the one for Breast Cancer.

1 comment:

Daniel Fan said...

I don't think Toxic Shock Syndrome is that big of a problem anymore.