Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I've never been a big Pearl Jam dude

But I woke up this morning with "Can't Find a Better Man" in my head. I want to get that song. "Evenflow" is kinda tight too. I love that video where he's swinging off the balcony into the crowd. I never liked "Jeremy" tho. Pearl Jam was one of those bands who, at the time, were so popular that I just couldn't get with. If something is too watercooler or mass culture I have a knee-jerk snobbism that kicks in. Beavis and Butthead was another cultural touchstone that I ignored at its heighth. I've gotten better though recently. Take Lil Wayne, for example; I was able to embrace him at his apogee (before you call me a dork, listen to his '07 mixtapes). You can also count me among Gaga's legions of fans. I even tuned in to a few seasons of American Idol. I hope I can keep up this impressive run through my daughter's tween years. That way I can enjoy chaperoning her to boy band concerts. Heck, I may even take e with her at a rave! Totally JKing with that one--don't get it twizzlered.

2 comments:

A-Kos said...

Danny, you should listen to Pearl Jam's most recent album...some really good stuff on there, even Jon likes it! You know I've always been a huge fan.

Daniel Fan said...

Now even I have that song stuck in my head -- thanks to you.