Friday, November 05, 2010

Groundhog Day

While purchasing "bandee" (banana) bread for my daughter at the Academy of Sciences cafe I have the following conversation with the cashier:

I like your glasses!

Thanks.

Where'd you get them?

Eye Gotcha in the Castro.

Is that ON Castro?

I think so.

How do you spell it?

E-Y-E then "gotcha."

The following week I had the exact same conversation with him! I didn't want to embarrass him so I didn't say anything as I answered each of his questions for the second time. I just figured he'd remember on his own but it never happened. Weird.

Don't you like Carlos? Wish I could be his friend. I'd almost consider a roll in the hay with him because he looks like so much fun. I got that pick from Yimmy's Yayo, by the way.

3 comments:

Walden Wong said...

The glasses conversation twice was funny. I should try that sometime. By the way, Daniel, you should check this out. It's a logo design contest.

http://howlowcanyourlogo.com/submit/

dhp said...

That site is hysterical, WW. Initially I didn't realize the point of the site and I was thinking "why are these logos so crappy? I could definitely win this contest!" Did you submit one?

Walden Wong said...

I'm going to submit one too. Just for the fun of it.