Wednesday, November 24, 2010

So I'm at Kinder-Gym

with my daughter. It's a class for 1- to 2-year-olds at the JCC in Laurel Heights--they set up plastic slides, balancing beams, and little play houses and kitchens. My little Clodsie loves it and it's a great chance for her to socialize as she's not in day care or pre-school yet. Anyhow, I'm usually the only dad there. The other caregivers are always either mums or nannies. But one day there's this youngish Indian dad there and we get to talking and I mention that I'm between jobs so I'm here a lot. Sensing an opening and a chance to commiserate with another laid-off dad, I say, "You, too, huh?" He says, "yeah--I just sold an internet company so I could spend some time with my daughter now." "Oh, really? Good for you," I say. I really just felt like punching this asshole in the face. Man, only in San Francisco. I need to move to Ohio or someplace where the rest of the laid-off losers are and we could play poker and watch daytime ESPN with some shit like The Strongest Man in the World competition while our kids play together.

These are all shots from Kinder-Gym. Here you can see Claudia with her beloved "Gangee" (my dad):

No comments: