Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ball Security

No, this isn't my coming-out post. What inspired this homoerotic piece was a comment I overheard from someone in passing: She's so beautiful she'd make Tom of Finland go straight. Tom of Finland is the name of the artist who drew that picture. Anyhow I just thought that was a funny comment and it had been churning in the hopper when I was watching some football and the announcer says "this team needs to improve their ball security..." So then I was thinking of ways to graphically use that term and Tom seemed like a sure bet. I knew Tom loved a man in uniform so a quick search was all I needed to find a suitable image.

Also discovered a great new free font you see used in the piece: REZ. Not sure if it even works here but I love it! Sorry for the sucky arrangement of lettering underneath that eagle logo. Couldn't figure out how to make it wavy.

1 comment:

LardyRevenger said...

Why does he have a cucumber in his pants?