Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Thanks, man/Hey, man.

Just realized I use these two expressions as unconscious class signifiers. Typically I'll use them only with working class people. The FedEx guy, the Latino busser at a shitty diner. But maybe not the uptight dorky white guy (me, in other words) who sells or rips my ticket at the movie theatre. So maybe it's also a racial thing. I'd never say it to an older guy (white black or whatever). So maybe the expression is just a bro-linking vehicle. Wait a second! Bro-link--I like that. Maybe a good name for an online community. Sounds like a good name for straight-acting gay cruising site. Bro-grind.

3 comments:

Anyanka said...

Bad Bromance

Garmonbozia said...

We're thinking of upgrading to a bro-linking vehicle.

dhp said...

My chemical bromance. What would a bro-linking vehicle be? IROC? Nah probably Jeep Wrangler.