Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ebony and Irony

I found it interesting to learn that Michael Jackson had arranged for the rights to the Beatles' catalogue to transfer back to Paul McCartney in the event of his death; for a price, of course.

DP confessional sidenote: about a half hour before he officially died, all the news outlets were reporting only that Jacko had been rushed to the hospital and was in a coma. TMZ was the first to go further and announce his death. But no reputable newspaper or network would support this claim until they were certain. I was bored at home at the time and was hoping TMZ was right! If only so I could enjoy the media circus that would follow. Does that make me a bad person? But, I should mention that when the LA Times said he died, I was very sad. :(

4 comments:

Daniel Fan said...

It doesn't make you a bad person -- you were simply bored and wanted a little drama/melodrama at that moment. I hope your other fans get the subtlety of your Ebony and Irony heading...

Kennethwongsf said...

I felt sorry to hear about Farrah Fawcett's passing (she was my favorite Angel), but to be honest, I didn't particularly feel a loss for Michael Jackson's.

dhp said...

My sister thought I was a bad person for thinking that--thanks for making me feel better DF and KSF!

A-Kos said...

it's only cuz I loved Michael so much growing up!