Thursday, December 03, 2009

Sports Brahs

I noticed recently that there seem to be many brotherly broadcasting tandems in the wide world of sports. You of course have the Gumbles with Greg being the more successful of the two. Bryant seems more comfortable presiding over Real Sports and interviewing celebrities.

Then you have the Alberts: Marv, Al and Steve. Don't know much about Al and Steve (except that Steve called Warriors games in the early-'90s), but Marv is an immensely talented play-by-play guy. When I watch a nationally televised NBA game, that's who I want calling it. Marv also has a son Kenny who calls NFL games. He's aiiight.

Next are the Papas: Bob, Greg and Gary. Greg is my favorite. He used to call Warriors, A's and Raiders games. Now he only does the Raiders. Sad sidenote: Gary died recently I think. RIP, Gary.

Former Raider Rich Gannon is a CBS/NFL analyst and his brah Terry is the Renaissance man of the game, heading telecasts of college basketball, figure skating, golf, college football, and the WNBA. I unfortunately didn't have any space for them in my weird graphic. Sorry!

1 comment:

Daniel Fan said...

Well the fact that you don't have Rich Gannon and his bro (I mean bra, or rather, brah) Terry in the graphic just ruins this posting for me.