Monday, May 02, 2011

Here's my Tipper Gore impression

There are certain movies that are unwatchable for large segments of the population, and as such, these movies need new ratings(*). This new rating is not intended to protect minors, but rather the parents of minors. Movies like this one:A movie like this should have the following rating placed very prominently on any DVD packaging and in any trailer that airs in theaters or on television:Here's another movie that my wife forced me to watch this past weekend that centers around the parents of a small child who is run over by a car:This one would need new text for the rating box of course, as the kid isn't kidnapped and raped. But I actually would heartily recommend The Rabbit Hole to anyone, parent or not. Not The Lovely Bones, however. Just too heavy-duty. I actually couldn't watch the scene in which Stanley Tucci rapes the girl. I turned it off.


*I actually need to give a shout-out to my cousin-in-law, Todd Voyageur, who had the idea for this rating system and told me about it. These movies I watched recently just made me think about it. So thanks for sharing this with me, Todd, so I could steal your idea!

2 comments:

A-Kos said...

"Lovely Bones" was one of the best books I've read, but I don't think I need to see the movie. Also, I really want to see "Rabbit Hole", but am afraid it would be too hard to watch...and I don't even have kids!

dhp said...

you definitely need to see Rabbit Hole. it's not that hard to watch actually--it's more about the aftermath and the parents' relationship.