Friday, September 23, 2011

Hanging Loose

I met my wife at our place of work. We carried on this secret affair without any of our co-workers knowing. Then we both quit. So one day we’re running errands in the Inner Sunset and we run into this dude we used to work with! So my wife manages to hide in the post office—she scoped him out before he saw us and she decided she still wanted to keep the secret. So she tells me to go talk to him but not to let on that we’re seeing each other.

So he says, Porter! How you been?

Oh, you know, just hanging loose.

Cool, cool.

I left PRNewswire just like you! I’m working at Adobe now (don’t think he worked there just wanted to make it seem like he had a cool job)! Did you find a new job?

Not yet.

So what have you been up to?

Nothing really. Just hanging loose.

Hanging loose, eh? Good way to be I guess. Okay man, take care!


I was so nervous about putting up this false front of casual normalcy, that that’s all I could say! Clearly not hanging loose at all! My wife jumps out from behind this large plant and says “’Just hanging loose’! What the hell was that?!” Matt Dilkens must think I’m such a weirdo now, huh?

2 comments:

Daniel Fan said...

I think his last name was Wilkens -- not Dilkens!

Anyanka said...

Who was that??