Thursday, September 08, 2011

Maybelline ad musical trivia

Name the popular 80s TV show whose theme song is featured in this Maybelline ad.
Got it? It's spelled backwards here: ip mungam.

Took me a while to place it. Never gave much thought as to whether I liked this song but it sounds great here! Doesn't it?

Speaking of repurposing 80s music for use in commercials, I have a great idea for using the Sigue Sigue Sputnik chart-topper, "Lips Like Sugar." Splenda could use it and change the lyric to "Lips Like Splenda, Splenda Kisses." Can't you already see it? Images of young beautiful couples pouring Splenda in their coffee and then kissing. For some reason I see a tight shot of a couple drinking hot chocolate, kissing, and then the camera opens up to a wider shot of a gorgeous mountain vista and you realize they're on a ski vacation in some glamorous European resort town like Gstaad. Oops--I guess that band was Echo and the Bunnymen. Here it is:

No comments: