Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gym jams

Started hitting the gymskie again and I wanted to provide a smoldering smorgasbörd of selections from my playlists. These songs have delivered timely dopamine uploads during my workouts and will fuel my rise back to the gladiatorial ranks.

This first number is from a Germanic fellow who goes by the stagename of Boys Noize. His real name is Alexander Ridha and he started playing drums at a young age. His percussive skills are apparent in this song as his drumming keeps the song moving briskly--especially at like 3:25--listen now!This song has corny germanic techno elements but the drums really knock on this one--especially if you listen to it really loud. Love the name of the song: Cops in the 80s. Makes me think of Running Scared with Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal or CHIPs like the guy who posted this video. Or Banana Fish. That's for all my VIZ niggas!

I discovered that song above after landing on TakeSomeCrimes's Youtube channel. His style is a bit fruity but he's a great dancer. He plays hot club jams in the basement of his parents' house and gets down. This dance isn't his greatest--especially at 1:01--the music called for a way bigger dance explosion. Anyhow, check it:Switching gears, have a listen to this dreampop stunner "Pounding" by the Doves. This song has the odd ability to put you in a ruminative trance and pump you up at the same time:I don't much go for Christina Aguilera's new stuff but this song has always been hot in my opinion. Lyrics are ree-dick (you're licking your lips and blowing kisses my way, but that don't mean I'm gonna give it away) but it always gets me 2 hype--especially towards the end when she says come and set me free baby. Check it:
Still hungry as the day I began, I heat the booth up so much the engineer caught a motherfucking tan. From Ludacris's "MVP":

No comments: