Friday, November 18, 2011

My wife I have different sleep patterns


Once I hit the pillow, I'm out. She has a harder time winding down and turning her brain off. She also wants to talk once we put Claudia down but I'm usually too tired. This results in some hilarious exchanges. Like the other night as I'm just about to fall asleep:

Vicky: I hate Jerry Sandusky.

me (groggily awaking): I know--he sucks (understatement of the century but that's all I was good for at that moment).

Vicky: You know what the biggest dream of my life is?

me: What?

Vicky: To own a piano.

me: asleep snoring.

Vicky: You didn't hear what I just said, did you? You never listen to me!

me: No, I heard you.

Vicky: then tell me what my dream is.

me: now, between me saying "what?" and her saying "to own..." I had fallen asleep so I take a stab and say "to own a bike?"

Vicky: I knew you didn't listen to me--you don't care about me and you don't love me anymore!

Looking back we both laughed at the conversation. Hilarious to think that a grown woman's dream would be to own a bike.

note on photo: I was impressed by this commuter check banner. Surprisingly avant-garde.

2 comments:

KT said...

This is exactly how I would imagine your bedtime conversations.

dhp said...

Hey what is that supposed to mean! :(