Saturday, January 28, 2012

My weekend ritual

I try to give my wife some alone time on weekend mornings by taking my daughter out to the Laurel Heights Starbux. She'll have a chocolate milk and croissant and we'll cozy up on a leather couch and spend some quality time. And this morning as I was listening to the music I wondered how many more songs by singer/songwriter types can they play without me being able to recognize the artist? Who the hell are these people? Does Starbucks have their own label I thought? And after a quick search I realized, yes, they do! It's called Hear Music:They smartly decided not to cross-promote via Starbucks or via Via. Ha ha, get it, via? That's their new line of instant coffees. Also during my search I discovered this dope looking album from the 70s:I have no idea who this artist is but it looks like the kind of album I would take a calculated gamble on at Amoeba.

No comments: