Saturday, January 28, 2012

The rap label floss-factor spectrum

I was listening to the Poor Righteous Teachers' guy's new album (well, new from '07) and he mentioned the name of his production company: HaveNots Production. And it got me thinking about how that has to be the humblest rap label ever.

So I decided to construct this spectrum which would quantify the floss factor of rap labels. On the lowest end of the spectrum is HaveNots Production. They're so broke I couldn't even find a logo online.

Repping the Hoi Polloi's huddled masses is rumored Kanye-ghostwriter, Rhymefest, who recorded the album Blue Collar (I know, it's not a label).

In the middle is the UK label, Barely Breaking Even (BBE). But are they just barely in the red or just barely in the black? Don't know.

Then, on the far right with the highest floss factors are Roc-A-Fella records and Cash Money records. As you can see this is a work-in-progress so please send me the names of labels you think should appear on the spectrum.

4 comments:

Anyanka said...

Nice. You should ask N. for input.

dhp said...

Maybe I will, CrankYankers. Miss you guys. I forgot to ask: do you like your Dex Baby?

Anyanka said...

What is Dex Baby?

dhp said...

the sound machine thing. noticed you got the same one we use.