Thursday, January 07, 2010

Morning fix

Cream or sugar? No thanks, but I'll take some Hobo Std., please.

When I first started messing around with photoshop and checking out fonts, this one really jumped out at me. I didn't know that "Std." meant "Standard," to distinguish it from the bold, condensed or oblique versions; so I thought this was Hobo sexually transmitted disease. Anyhow, I noticed the Hobo Party Bus around town the other day and realized they used the font for their logo.First off, wrong choice of font (actually, hobo is always the wrong choice of font, unless you're designing something like water balloon packaging); and next, why do you have to name the business after the font? It doesn't fit at all. Just very little imagination used here, in my opinion.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello I'd like to congratulate you for such a great quality site!
thought this is a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Sage Brand
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/dinosaur-party-supplies.html]dinosaur Party Supplies[/url].

Xander Morgan said...

Congrats Danielson! You're blog has gotten so popular that its a target for spam! (As evidenced by the post above)

dhp said...

yeah, i just took the steps to safeguard against the kind of shyte; i've blocked anon comments and required word verification before commenting--did you have to type in a word to comment, xanderson?

Daniel Fan said...

I don't like the Hobo Standard font. My favorite is Helvetica.