Monday, May 17, 2010

Upheaval

I lost my job last Tuesday. My reaction to the news surprised me--I'm not angry at all. I'm mostly sad. Sad that I'll probably never see most of the people I worked with for the last six years. Wonder why I'm not angry. Last time I lost my job at like 24 or 25, I wanted to firebomb those bitches. Now I guess I'm happy to be able to spend more time with my daughter. We'll go to the Zoo and eat some cotton candy. Maybe check out a county fair. Oh and we'll go to Kinder Boogie too. Had to sneak that in there cuz it's so hilarious sounding. That really does exist, actually. My mom's taken her a bunch of times; now, I can!

3 comments:

Daniel Fan said...

Don't be sad -- you might find a job that you're better suited for in the future!

Walden Wong said...

I feel your sadness, brotha. The news trickled down it's way to me and my first thought was we may never again see some of the friends made there. Happens with all jobs we part from. On the flip side, more time with Claudia!

dhp said...

yes, df, YES! hey, ww--yes, more time with claudsie my friend. the sweetest by-product i can imagine. probably the only time in my life I'll have this amount of time with her.